/ #Game Off 2016 #Game Jam 

GitHub Game Off 2016 - Day 22

So I managed to completely wreck my project today. For some reason the sudden inclusion of UnityEngine.dll as part of my domain output is causing Unity to have a freak-out and not want to run my game. As I’m writing this I’m thinking of ways to get past this, but I’ve had no success yet.

On the plus side I changed the Pixels Per Unit setting on my spritesheet import to a number that’s two to the power of x. I also turned off anti-aliasing on my project and suddenly the sprites seem to be working fine with no strange artefacts popping up. This means I can still take on the parallaxing background on Monday, so I’m hoping I can sort the other issue I’m experiencing out very quickly.

It was actually as a result of this that I managed to screw up the current state of my game as I wanted to bump up the gravitational constant a bit. Alas it’ll have to wait in it’s broken state. I haven’t committed anything yet so hopefully I’ll be able to just roll back everything and have it be fine. Yesterday’s post has also given me a bit of time to re-evaluate my current motivational barriers and it’s inspired me again to take this game on and finish it! That’s it for today!

Author

Sas van der Westhuizen

Intermediate Software Engineer at Entelect; "engineering" since 2015; loves games, rock climbing; been trying my hand at making games, but nothing good yet!